Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes

Monday mornings are always the best day of the week in our house.  My hubby & I both have the day off...so we usually start are morning off with coffee, breakfast & some Sports Center.
I've made these pancakes a few times & we really like them.  Here's the thing with pancakes though...I've found that if I use a 1/4 cup measure, the pancakes turn out perfect.  Any larger than that & I usually end up burning some & under-cooking others.

{Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes}
recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

2 cups Origional Bisquick Mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel {if I don't have fresh lemons laying around, I just omit this}
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat.  Spray with cooking spray  In a medium bowl, mix all pancake ingredients until well blended.  Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle.  Cook until edges appear dry.  Turn; cook until golden brown.  Serve with syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment