Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gone All Day Stew

For a very long time, I had been contemplating what I'd call this little project of mine.  From time to time it'd come up in conversation...like when we were in San Francisco with our wine drinking buddies having martini's and liquior after a long weekend of wine tasting in Napa.  I think that weekend I'd decided that it would be called "Mile-high Mirepiox" (thanks to T-Bills.)  To be honest, I had my blog page made many, many months before I finally decided on a name. 

But "TheStewDenver" came about when I was sitting at home, staring at this page all by myself.  I started thinking about the recipes I loved the most from my childhood and the ones I missed the most...Gone All Day Stew was the first recipe that came to mind.  This recipe is my Grandmother's recipe; one that she made so many times when we'd all get together. 
So this one is for her....

{Gone All Day Stew}
recipe compliments of my Grandmother

2 pounds chuck roast
1 large onion
2 stalks celery
3-4 large carrots
4 potatoes; peeled
12 whole fresh mushrooms

Wash & cut all above ingredinets into 2 inch cubes.  Place in roaster pan sprayed with cooking spray.

Mix together:

2 Beef Bouillion Cubes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup flour
3 grinds fresh pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
2 cans Tomato Soup
2 cans water


Whisk together with wire whisk until well combined, pour over meat and vegetables.  Bake covered at 275 degrees for 4-5 hours. 

*when cooking this at a high altitude, check at 4 hours.  It should be done.

Photo compliments of Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment