Monday, May 23, 2011

Brownie Candy Cups

Easy & amazing.  That's it.  It's all I can say about these candy cups...a.k.a cupcakes.  Basically a brownie, in a cupcake package, with a little extra "something" in the middle.  I actually made these for our friends as a thank you for taking us out to dinner.  I packaged them up & told my hubby to bring them to work {his friend works with him.}  I may never know if they got there...as hubby cannot be trusted with any chocolate/peanut butter combination. 

I also brought some of these to work & they were all gone before I knew it.   I had a few requests for the recipe, so without further adieu...

photo courtsey of Bakerella

{Brownie Candy Cups}
reciepe courtsey of Bakerella

1 package Duncan Hines Chocolate Lovers Double Fudge Brownie Mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
30 mini Reeses cups unwrapped
1 Box Reynolds 2-inch aluminum foil mini cups for muffins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place 30 foil cupcake liners in cupcake tins.  Spray with cooking spray.  Combine brownie mix, contents from fudge packet in mix, eggs, water & oil.  Stir until well blended.  Fill each liner with 2 tablespoons of batter.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes & remove from the oven.  Push 1 Reeses in the center of each "brownie cupcake" until even with the surface of the batter.  Bake 5-7 minutes longer.  Cook for 5-10 minutes in the pans & then remove to cool completely. 

*Tip: just before eating...REMOVE from the foil cupcake liner & microwave for 20 seconds. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my my...these look great and I will try them and post my comment. What is on the top of the brownie in this picture, Caramel? If so, was it a candy square of ice cream topping?

    ReplyDelete