Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cookie Pie

Yesterday was a big day...I went to the Paris Street Vintage Market, saw an old friend, had afternoon cocktails (which usually is the end of any motivation I may have had for the rest of the day) & then went over to a good friend's house for a cook-out.  I rushed to the grocery store & couldn't think of anything to make for the dessert I had offered to bring over.  I then realized why I love this recipe so much...I ALWAYS have all of the ingredients to make this at home.  Winner-winner.

photo courtsey of google images


{Cookie Pie}
recipe courtsey of Toll House

1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
vanilla icecream & hot fudge (optional)

Preheat oven to 325° F.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
*If baking at high-altitude, add 2 TBSP of flour to the mixture....it will be less runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment