Saturday, August 6, 2011

Red Sangria

I LOVE sangria. 

I really, really like it.  What I cannot stand is bad sangria.  Like Applebees...they have terrible sangria.
I have a personal preference when it comes to my sangria...and the very best comes from San Chez Tapas Bistro in Grand Rapids, Michigan (my home town.)  If you're ever in the area...check it out.

So here it goes:


pardon my mani...I was gardening.

Best. Sangria. Recipe. Ever.

{Red Sangria}
recipes compliments of San Chez
Note: Makes 1 Gallon of base (which is ALOT)

46 oz. can Guava Juice
5 Liters Burgundy Wine
1 cup Nonalcoholic Triple Sec
1 cup Brandy
1 qt. Orange Juice
splash of lemon lime soda in each glass
Assorted fresh fruit

Combine all but lemon lime soda & fresh fruit.  Dispense into iced glasses or pitcher.  Finish with soda & fruit.  

Note: it is impossible to find non-alcoholic triple sec.  Go big or go home...just get the usual stuff. 



2 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful sangria recipe, especially using guava juice, i am intrigued now! following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to sip on one with you!

    ReplyDelete