Monday, August 29, 2011

7 Layer Greek Dip

Tomorrow night my hubby & I have seperate (and very gender appropriate) activities going on.  My hubby has a Fantasy Football Draft party & I have bookclub.  Now, I don't know much about all that football draft stuff...but I do really enjoy getting together with the girls.  We each bring an appetizer & the person hosting for the evening provides the wine.  This past month we read Honolulu by Alan Brennert.  It wasn't the best book we've read but I did finish it, which says quite a bit.


I've made this dip before, but I believe we had gone golfing & must have been starving when we got home because it was almost all gone before I remembered to take pictures.  So here is round 2...hopefully the girls enjoy tomorrow night!

{7 Layer Greek Dip}
recipe adapted from OurBestBites.com

1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened (I used low-fat)
1 tsp. dill weed
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 package hummus
1 c. seeded, diced cucumbers
1 c. seeded, diced tomatoes
1/2 c. chopped Kalamata olives
1/3 c. chopped green onions (about 3 green onions completely chopped)
1/2 c. crumbled Feta cheese
1/8-1/4 c. minced fresh basil

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, seasoning, garlic, and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Spread in the bottom of a pie plate or a small, shallow baking dish. Then spread a layer of hummus. In order, create layers by sprinkling the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions, Feta cheese, and basil. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetables, and/or flatbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment