Friday, September 9, 2011

Aspen Recap & a Great Soup Recipe

Wow! Aspen was amazing.  We had a great time just hanging out, watching volleyball, walking around town, eating tons of food & drinking some really good wine (pretty much left over from our last Napa Valley vacation.)  Before I share one of my favorite soup recipes....Sausage Tortillini Soup, I thought I'd share a few photos from our trip.

My hubby & I
 
The girls


Post hiking up Aspen Mountain...we needed a few beers & some FOOD!


Aspen Sunset...

Needless to say we had a busy week! 

Since coming home from Aspen, the mornings have been a bit on the chilly side & it's been a bit dark when I've been waking up for work.  I think it's appropriate to say that fall is in the air!  Soup is such a fall meal for me...it's this time of year I usually bust out a few soup recipes.  This is my absolute favorite!


{Sausage Tortillini Soup}
recipe compliments of Ann Bishop

3 stalks Celery; chopped small
3 stalks Carrots; chopped small
1 package fresh mushrooms; chopped
1/2 onion; diced
1 pound Italian Sausage
1-28oz can petite diced tomatoes; undrained
2-15oz cans chicken broth
1 small package premade cheese tortillini
Parmesan cheese
French Bread

Saute celery, mushrooms, carrots & onion in a large soup pot.  At the same time, brown sausage.  Once cooked, add sausage to veggies.  Add undrained petite diced tomatoes & chicken broth.  Bring to a boil & add tortillini.  Boil until pasta is cooked. 

Top with parmesan cheese (and I also topped with some fresh basil from my garden) & serve with french bread. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment