Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Salad

It's about this time of the summer that our garden is in full swing & I start thinking...what am I going to do with all of these veggies & herbs. 

This is our garden:

In order: lettuce, sugar snap peas, thyme, rosemary, basil, green peppers, red peppers, orange peppers, jalepenos, sweet 100 tomatoes (the best- in my opinion,) yellow teardrop tomatoes & good 'old beefsteak to-maters.



The most abundant produce that I have right now is lettuce...so I thought I'd share our most favorite salad recipe.  I cannot take credit for this one...this one is my hubby all the way.  One night, I came home from work & he had created this little number.  And it's been in our meal rotation since.  We don't measure this one out...just throw it all together

{Summer Salad}
recipe compliments of Todd Griffin

Grilled chicken; served warm & sliced
Lettuce {we use a combination of romaine & spring mix}
Pine nuts; toasted
Strawberries; sliced
Goat Cheese; crumbled
Croutons
Champagne vinagrette
Freshly cracked black pepper; optional

Mix all salad ingredients together, top with warm grilled chicken.  Optional: sprinkle with pepper.








No comments:

Post a Comment