Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweet Chili Cheese Cornbread

Superbowl Sunday should be considered a holiday at our house.  After months of watching enough football to drive me crazy; basing our weekends around it, coordinating multiple televisions in order to "not miss a thing," & switching cable providers so we can get the NFL ticket channel we've made it.   We made it to the final day of football.  That next Monday...my hubby usually sighs & says "now I have to wait months for it to come back" while secretly I'm jumping up & down for joy.  No football for months!  Yes! 
...and then I see my hubby sitting on the couch watching basketball.  Oh great.  More sports. 

Can't a girl get some Real Housewives or Tori & Dean?  Even once?? Nope, not going to happen.  Oh well :)

Anyways, the usual Superbowl dinner at our house in chili.  This year, we had a few friends over to watch the game.  Usually I make a red chili, but I decided to mix it up & make White Chicken Chili {recipe here.}  To accompany the chili, I decided to make a corn bread.  I know, I know...usually I shy away from cornbread because its so dry & crumbly.  So I set out to find a good, moist cornbread.  Where did I find the best?  Our Best Bites of course.  The best recipe, hands down.  The bread was moist & flavorable & a little sweet- no massive amounts of butter & honey needed. 



{Sweet Chili Cheese Cornbread}
recipe compliments of Ourbestbites

1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
4 eggs at room temperature
1 4 0z can chopped green chiles
1 can cream style corn
1 cup flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons table salt
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup grated Monterey jack Cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like medium or sharp)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add green chiles and corn and mix well. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Take a spoonful of flour mixture and toss with grated cheeses (this will help prevent the cheese from sticking together in a big lump.) Add remaining flour mixture, and cornmeal to bowl and stir to combine. Lastly, add grated cheese and mix until well distributed.


Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking pan. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of pan comes out with no goopy batter on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment