Friday, February 3, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

In my early stages of pregnancy...when I still didn't know I was preggo- I had this weird craving for buffalo sauce.  Between eating my hubby under the table, constantly making buffalo chicken tacos {recipe here} & covering everything in Frank's Red Hot sauce...I should've known. 

So let's talk football.  Unless you've been living under a rock, this weekend is the SuperBowl!  Who are you cheering for?  I think I'm going to cheer for New England.  Only because the one person I can name from either team is Tom Brady...and well, he's Tom Brady.  Yes, my choice really has nothing to do with football.  I'm ok with it. 

This is a perfect dip for a SuperBowl party.  I've been saving it so I can post it for this weekend- nothing screams football like a combination of buffalo chicken wings & a dip...am I right??!?  Now, this is quite possibly the UGLIEST dip I've ever made.  There is nothing pretty about it....except that it will taste pretty good while you're eating it!


{Buffalo Chicken Dip}
recipe compliments of www.thegirlwhoateeverything.com
1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken or 1 (12 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot, not to be confused with their pepper sauce. Start with less if you want and add more to your desired hotness.)
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Heat chicken and Buffalo sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Make sure to break up the chicken so there are no big chunks. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in shredded cheese & cook until melted. Pour into a shallow dish. (At this point- you could sprinkle blue cheese on top & microwave to melt- but I skip this step.)
 Serve with chips, carrots & celery for dipping.
 
ENJOY


1 comment: