Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich

I hate Mayonaise.  SO MUCH.  I've never liked it all that much, but the older I've become- the thought of putting mayo in anything churns my stomach.  The 2 exceptions I have are my grandmother's creamy cucumbers & my this recipe my mom makes that has pasta & chicken with raw veggies in it.  That's it.  Anything else...totally disgusting to me.  When I found this chicken salad sandwhich recipe (on Pinterest...go figure) I was so excited because 1. it has cranberries in it (LOVE) 2. it uses mostly greek yogurt to replace most of the mayo, removing most of the mayo taste. 
Win-Win. 


I made this for lunch quite a bit when I was preggo- it was quick, easy & light.  I buy the larger cans of chicken at Costco in bulk to keep around just in case I want this little gem for lunch!

{Chicken Salad Sandwiches}
recipe adapted from inspiredbycharm.com

1 large can chunk chicken (premium, packed in water; drained)
1/4 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
1/3 cup granny apple, diced into small chunks (1/4-1/2 inch)
1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1.5 tablespoons onion, minced
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons light mayo (I use Duke’s but use your favorite)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced

Toasted bread, sliced thick

Mix together greek yogurt, mayo, apple cider vinegar, and rosemary.
In a large bowl, combine, chicken (about 2 cups), pecans, onion, green apple, and cranberries.
Toss with dressing until well combined.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Chill for at least an hour until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment