Monday, January 24, 2011

Hawaiian Cheese Bread

My hubby & I had our friends Jeff & Shannon over for dinner this past week.  My hubby made ribs...they were delicious.  He cooked them for 4 hours in red wine before throwing them on the grill.  I couldn't stop eating them.  Bravo hubby!! 

I've had this bread recipe for awhile now...I've been waiting for an excuse to make it as my hubby & I don't need an entire loaf of bread to ourselves.  Ohmygosh...I can't say how great it is!!  I didn't even have a chance to take a picture of it because it was ALL gone.  I'm very satisfied with this recipe because it's exactly why I started this blog...to find great recipes like this one :)



{Hawaiian Cheese Bread}
Compliments of Taste of Home

1 loaf Hawaiian sweet bread
1 block swiss cheese
1 1/2 Tablespoons minced onion
1/2 Cup butter; melted
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Teaspoon salt


Cut bread diagonally into 1" slices to within 1 inch of the bottom of the loaf.  Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut swiss cheese into 1/4" slices.  Cut slices into small pieces.  Insert into bread.  In sauce pan melt butter, add onion, garlic & salt.  Spoon over bread. 


Wrap loaf of bread in foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. 
Serve warm.

1 comment: