Monday, March 7, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza


Oh I can't wait for my camera to make it's way back to me!!  Hopefully this week (although I do not have very high hopes that I will EVER see it again.)  In the event that it doesn't make it's way back to me, not all is lost...I'll get a new camera!  A better camera!  Yay!

Anyways...this is another go-to recipe in our house.  It's quick, it's easy...and so full of flavor.  We love it!  This is my version of CPK's BBQ chicken pizza...and we like mine better!

{BBQ Chicken Pizza}

1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 chicken breast; cut into 1/2 cubes
1/2 cup BBQ sauce; divided
1/2 cup marinara sauce
Red onion; thinly sliced
1 pre-baked pizza crust
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 cup mozzarella
1/4 cup BBQ sauce in a small ziplock bag

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.  Place chicken in skillet & cook until half done.  Cover with 1 TBSP BBQ sauce, cook until done.

In small bowl, add remaining BBQ sauce & marinara sauce.  Spread over crust.  Sprinkle with thin layer of cheese.  Add chicken, top with onion.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake for 15 minutes.  (I like browned, bubbly cheese so after baking I turn the broiler on high & broil the pizza for approx 1 minute.  Note: DO NOT WALK AWAY or you will have a burnt pizza.)

Sprinkle with cilantro.  Cut small corner from ziplock bag and drizzle additional BBQ sauce over entire pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment