Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm gonna try*

I have high hopes for today.  We don't have any plans so I thought I'd catch up on some baking.

Last Monday, my hubby & I went to Fort Collins, Colorado with our friends Jeff & Shannon.  Ft. Collins is apparently 1 of the top 10 places to live in America.  It was boring.  The only thing to do there is drink beer.  The mall there is awful.  While the guys conducted interviews Shannon & I tried to go to a candy shop...it was closed!  Luckily we found our way to a Barnes & Noble and spent like 2 hours looking through cupcake books. 
After searching through a massive pile of books I settled on 2 to buy: Cupcakes! by Elinor Kilvan & Martha Stewart Cupcakes.

So today, I've decided to try these Chocolate Covered High-Hats from the Cupcakes! cookbook.  They look so fun!  Wish me luck... them see like a daunting task!

IMG_6236
photo courtsey of Bakerella

Also, I have book club tomorrow & seeing that it's March I want to bring something festive.  I've made these oreo truffles before & they are really easy & so good.  These are a festive twist on the original

Mint Oreo Truffles

Mint Oreo Truffles
photo courtsey of Bakerella

Stay tuned for the recipes.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment