Monday, March 14, 2011

Shamrock Oreo Truffles


I'm not huge into corned beef and green beer.  So when I saw these Mint Oreo Truffles, I knew I had to make them to celebrate St. Patty's Day!  I made the regular version of these for Christmas this past year...so when I saw Bakerella's version for the upcoming holiday I thought I'd tweak my recipe & give these a try.  I still don't have my camera back...so again, sorry for the picture quality.

{Shamrock Oreo Truffles}

1 package cool mint flavor Oreos
1 brick cream cheese; at room temperature
Chocolate bark or candy coating (I get candy coating from Hobby Lobby- I find that it is the easiest to use.)

Finely crush entire package of Oreos.  Place in large bowl.  With hand mixer, beat in cream cheese until well blended. 

Cover bowl with saran wrap and place in the freezer until firm (it's easier to shape) about 30 minutes.
Once firm, shape into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.  Place back into freezer for approx. 15-20 minutes or until firm again.

Melt candy coating as directed on package.  Dip cooled truffles into candy coating and place back on wax paper to harden.  Decorate as you wish!!










No comments:

Post a Comment